However, finding an affordable shop in Montreal with trustworthy mechanics who fix cars promptly is not an easy task. How do you find a good repair shop for you vehicle ? Here are some tips that may be helpful .
- Talk to your friends and neighbors. Not only will give you onest advice, but they can also give you hints as far as shops that should be avoided. This is especially helpful if you talk to family and friends who have lived in the area for a reasonable length of time.
- Look for a shop as soon as possible. Most people don’t think too much about choosing a car repair shop in Montreal until they are having car problems. Then, they will take their car to whatever mechanic is available simply to get the problem fixed. This is probably not a good idea. In fact, the best time to look for a car repair shop is when your car is actually before you need one.
- Consider distance. You may want to choose a shop that is close to your home simply for convenience. In some cases, it may be possible to walk to the shop instead os asking friends and family for rides to pick up or drop off your vehicle.
- What are the shop hours ? If a shop opens after you need to be at work or closes before you arrive home work, it may be very difficult to pick up your car or drop it off. If you choose to do business with such a shop, you will need to take time off of work every time you have care problems.
- Find out what types of payment arrangements the shop has. Some places will take cash while others take cash and certain types of credit cards. Other shops may offer patrons a 90 day same as cash arrangement if repairs cost over a certain amount.
- Check online to read customers reviews. Keep in mind that not all business will feature customer reviews, especially small ” mom an pop ” shops. However, you may find that many shops do actually have reviews. Avoid shops with a large amount of negative reviews, although keep in mind that every shop is bound to have a few unhappy customers.